A new photoshop tutorial posted in my photoshop tutorials category. It explains how to convert a photograph to a sketch mode and to a painting effects.
- Open the photograph which you would like to create.
- Duplicate the layer and name the layer “Desaturate”. For desaturate go to the Image menu, adjustments and then desature. Shortcut Key ( Shift+Ctrl+U ).
- Duplicate the desaturate layer and name the layer “invert”. To invert the layer, go to the Image menu, adjustments and then Invert. Shortcut (Ctrl+i).
- Change the blending mode for Invert layer to “Color Dodge”. The image should be mostly white.
- Go to the Filter menu, Blur and then Gaussian Blur. Set the radius value to 6 pixels for the filter. Press Ok .
- Select the layer “Desaturate” then duplicate it again and name it “Outline”. Move it over “Invert” layer.
- Go to the Filter menu, Blur and then Smart Blur. Radius value 75.0, Threshold value 70.0, Qualuty High and then Mode is Edge Only. Click Ok button. The picture will be black background with white outlines. Ivert the layer. Shortcut key (Ctrl + i).
- Change the blend mode for this layer to “Multiply” and opacity to 65%.
- We want to reduce the sharpness of this outlines. Go to the Filter menu, Blur and then Gaussian Blur. Set the radius 1.0 for this filter. Press Ok button.
- Select the original color photo layer. Duplicate this layer and move it over the Outline layer.
- Go to the Filter menu, Artistic and then Dry Brush. Set the Brush Size value to 8, Brush Detail 7 and the Texture is 1. Press ok Button. Now change the blend mode to “Multiply” for this layer.
- Select the original color photo layer. Duplicate it once again. Move it over the top of all layers. Apply the Dry Brush filter again.
- Go to the Image menu,Adjustments and then Hue/Saturation the layer . Shortcut key ( Ctrl+U ).Set the Lightness value to +47. Change the blend mode to “Hard Light”.
- Thats it. (See the final result below). Enjoy !!!